Tuesday, September 11, 2012

All buttoned up

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the cute buttons I found (read about it here). I had my first opportunity to put them to use this past weekend. My niece turned three and we got together with family to celebrate. Here is how I wrapped her gift.


I love how the green buttons match the green polka dots in the wrapping paper and just make it POP! What a happy coincidence - I had this paper on hand already.

No sewing required here. I just threaded the green ribbon through the button holes with a needle.


The little frill on the edge of the purple ribbon gives it a bit of extra girliness.


With a name like this, how could I not make a flower out of buttons?


I thought about pulling out my glue gun for decorating the envelope, but I went the quick and dirty route and just used double-sided tape. It worked out just fine and dandy.


So much fun to be had with a bit of ribbon and a few colourful buttons!

Check out my Link ups page to see where I'm linking up each week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read every one!