Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Easter!

Here is a quick little post to show you the easy Easter eggs I made. All I used were some brown eggs I had in the fridge, a pencil and a sharpie.

First I blew out the eggs using a straight pin and a straw. I roughly followed these directions.


Then to decorate, I sketched out my design on the egg first with pencil, then went over it with a black Sharpie. Easy peasy!


I wasn't super perfect with them, as I didn't mind if they were a bit wonky and abstract. Plus, I didn't have a whole lot of time! You could get as detailed as you like. The Sharpie was really easy to work with on the egg. It didn't bleed, dried fairly quickly and the egg was a nice smooth surface to draw on.


 I have them displayed in a little basket in my front porch.


I want to wish you all a Happy Easter this weekend as we contemplate the death and resurrection of our Saviour Jesus Christ. I was reminded this morning at the mothers' connect group I attend, to not let Easter pass me by without really thinking on its significance. It's not just another holiday, it is the centre of our Christian faith. My prayer is that God will give me a fresh understanding of the significance of the cross this season.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I love that they were quick to do, yet very attractive...nice job Heather...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read every one!